Thursday, August 23, 2007

Exciting News

I've been so busy, I've barely had time to post...why? Kennedy has begun to eat orally; she hasn't had a tube feed since this past Saturday. It's scary and complicated trying to figure out what/how much/textures/etc, but we're learning together and she's drinking 4-5 cans of Pediasure orally on top of the other foods we're getting in so I think we're okay nutritionally.

I got her pediatrician to send a referral to the feeding team to double check everything nutritionally, get tips on introducing texture, and to see if they think we should do another swallow study (last one was age 2 I believe, which she passed but that is a long time ago).

So after 9 1/2 years with a tube, it's a little weird around here, watching her put food in her mouth. I must say, however, that I always said, "she will eat, somehow, to whatever degree she is comfortable with, at some point when SHE is ready..." There were times when I started to doubt after it taking so long, but I always truly believed she would. Wish us luck...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah Kennedy!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

amy and mighty max said...

Congratulations!!! That is sooooo wonderful!

ENJOY!

Amy and Max