Friday, May 2, 2008

May Days - An Update

Things are still pretty much in hectic mode around here - we are having a lot of days off for teachers' professional development days so we've had some nice at-home time together. Kennedy is super excited about her upcoming summer plans, which include a two-week Disney-themed theater camp with a full stage production at the end, and a week away (without mom for the first time) at deaf camp.

Last night along with her choir, she performed in the Music Festival and did a great job. This weekend she has a birthday party and a bowling banquet to attend. This kid has more of a social life than I do.

I am having a bit of a "girl night" tonight - one of my pals and I from university are having dinner out then going to see a movie (it's Patrick Dempsey, it can't be anything but good!)

I am also getting ready to begin spring courses on Monday and am thinking about the extra reading I have to do to prepare for my trip to Germany & Poland at the end of June (it's a Holocaust learning tour for teachers - it's going to be very intense).

So, that's pretty much what's going on with us right now, we are still waiting to hear back from the School District about this French program they are implementing in the fall, there is supposed to be a meeting coming up very soon. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

Sounds like Ms. Kennedy is going to have so much fun!!
I am also sure you are going to have a great trip next month, and good luck with everything at the school meeting.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva